Item packing may have come open in transit, can I divert to a repacker?

Discuss anything related to Amazon FBA Private Label
Forum rules
No self-promotion. No affiliate links. No sharing your own videos.
greenpeatrading

Item packing may have come open in transit, can I divert to a repacker?

Post by greenpeatrading » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi

My first shipment of Private Label goods is on its way to the Amazon warehouse in Dallas by air freight and is due to arrive any day now. I've just received my samples for photography from my supplier and the kraft paper envelope that my goods are packed in have split open due to not strong enough glue on the sides. The samples were in a UPS bag so probably got thrown around a bit and were not packed like my cartons of items will be. In each envelope is 14 identical items.

Now I'm worried that my cartons will arrive at the Amazon warehouse with some of the envelopes burst open. Should I try to divert my delivery (not even sure I can) to a repacker? Can a repacker do a job like apply extra glue to an envelope and reseal? Will Amazon reject the whole shipment if some of the packs have come open.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Ciaran

Crescent
Site Admin

Re: Item packing may have come open in transit, can I divert to a repacker?

Post by Crescent » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:11 pm

If you're worried, then yes. You absolutely need to fix any issues or you will get bad reviews and/or you listing shut down. That's why its important to have inspections down at the suppliers warehouse before it ships.

https://forums.amazonbeginnermastery.co ... =237&p=642
My Services
Consulting Calls
Mentorship Program

Follow me on social media
YouTube
Instagram
Facebook

greenpeatrading

Re: Item packing may have come open in transit, can I divert to a repacker?

Post by greenpeatrading » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:12 am

Thanks Crescent

We did have an inspection in China, and there were no issues with the packaging then, but after being thrown around by UPS and a couple of weeks since production I'm worried the envelopes will have lost their seal.

Will Amazon reject the whole shipment if some of the packs have come open, and if they do what do I need to do then? Is it as simple as organising to have it collected by a repacker?

Thanks again for all the awesome videos!

Ciaran