How to get refund for sample item

Discuss anything related to Amazon FBA Private Label
Forum rules
No self-promotion. No affiliate links. No sharing your own videos.
tapnpack

How to get refund for sample item

Post by tapnpack » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:03 am

Hi Crescent,

I never received the sample order. The Chinese supplier sent a sample a month ago however due to incorrect address, UPS was never able to deliver to me. The supplier informed me to check the tracking number. I contacted UPS and reported the correct address but it never arrived. The supplier was nice enough but when I contacted UPS again, it was shipped to a different state and it was destroyed therefore I would never get it back anymore.

I asked the supplier if they can refund the payment but they said no since it was not their fault. I checked the shipping address that they showed me. They wrote street, numbers and city in the different order. When I pointed that mistake, they said it was my fault that I didn't tell them how to write the address correctly. I assumed they knew how to copy the address, and ship here.

In this case, can I still ask for money back through Trade Assurance, or should I just give up? Thank you. MK

Crescent
Site Admin

Re: How to get refund for sample item

Post by Crescent » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear this happened. You can't use Trade Assurance because I highly doubt you and supplier created a Trade Assurance contract to send a sample unit.

Unfortunately, when there are shipping issues, just like domestic shipments, you have to deal with the courier. That's why always suggest buying insurance with the courier.

See if your supplier is willing to split the cost of the next sample. If they want your business, that's a small expense (for both of you) to get another sample shipped.
My Services
Consulting Calls
Mentorship Program

Follow me on social media
YouTube
Instagram
Facebook

tapnpack

Re: How to get refund for sample item

Post by tapnpack » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:15 am

Thank you, Crescent.

I tried to get some refund or replacement of sample order but they are not willing to do so. I should have checked the tracking number more often but I didn't. I called UPS but they couldn't help me until they destroyed it. This never happened to me before. I learned something now.