ACoS Percentage @ Product Research Phase

Discuss anything related to Amazon FBA Private Label
Forum rules
No self-promotion. No affiliate links. No sharing your own videos.
TOchris

ACoS Percentage @ Product Research Phase

Post by TOchris » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi Crescent,

First off thanks for reviewing and commenting on my screenshots I posted earlier on your product review thread. I have a question about ACoS. When you are researching a product do you apply a general ACoS percentage to roughly determine a products after ad profit potential?

I was reading that the average ACoS on Amazon is around 38%. Do you think this number is accurate based on your experience? What is an example of a good percentage of profit after ad spend?

Thanks

- Chris

Crescent
Site Admin

Re: ACoS Percentage @ Product Research Phase

Post by Crescent » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Hello Chris,

You're welcome. I don't consider PPC costs during product research. There's no way to know ahead of time how much your costs will be. New campaigns will almost always be unprofitable until they are optimized. For competitive niches, I'll take a peek at the bids to help judge the level of competitiveness. This video goes over this using Keyword Scout:

https://forums.amazonbeginnermastery.co ... ?f=14&t=54

There's no broad "average ACoS". The ACoS depends on the niche and the unit cost. Same goes with profit. It all varies depending on the niche and how well optimized your campaigns are. PPC is an art, not a science.
My Services
Consulting Calls
Mentorship Program

Follow me on social media
YouTube
Instagram
Facebook